Wednesday, December 7, 2011

10 Ways to Feel Like a Good Student


The primary difference between a good student and a bad student is in how they think. If you want to do well, you need to say goodbye to your negative beliefs and nurture positive ones. Here are a few examples of the kind of thinking that needs to be changed.
• Instead of thinking 'I got poor grades. I am worthless' think 'Failure is the pillar of success.'.
Instead of thinking 'You need to be a genius to do well in exams. I’m not a genius, I’m immediately an average student !', think 'The tortoise is better than the rabbit'.
Instead of thinking 'I can't concentrate in my studies! I can't remember anything I read! How will I ever do well?' think of how you can improve your concentration.
Instead of thinking 'Papa says I’m an idiot. He’s probably right.' have confidence in yourself.
Instead of thinking 'My teacher says I’m a loafer. He's right. I AM a slacker', think of how you can become more active..
Instead of thinking 'Why should I work so hard for good result? What will I get in return?' think of all the ways doing well in your studies will help you. Read 'Do You Really Know Why You Need to Do Well' on the Super Students homepage.
Instead of thinking 'I couldn’t get admission in engineering school/medical school/... university. I’m such a loser' think 'If I can be first in my subject, nobody will think I am a loser'.
Instead of thinking 'It’s impossible to get an A or first class in this subject', think 'I will be the first to get an A in this subject'.
Instead of thinking 'I have so many problems and obstacles. How can I ever do well? ' know that obstacles are necessary for development and think how of how you can turn your problems into opportunities.
Instead of thinking 'I studied so hard but still couldn’t do well. I have got such bad luck!' get out why you didn't do well.

No comments:

Post a Comment